Souktel provides mobile content delivery, data collection, and data analytics solutions for emerging markets. In parallel, it offers offshore design/build consulting services to customize these applications for enterprise customers. Core solutions include a rugged data compression application that allows for rich content delivery with 90% less data consumption, and a cross-channel delivery platform that allows for simultaneous content send-out via mobile web, messenger, IVR and SMS/USSD--an industry first in Africa and Asia.
10-years of ground-level experience: we advise the World Bank, the ILO and publish for MIT journals and the Overseas Development Institute, etc.
We work actively and bring donors and communities together, through strategic planning sessions.
No cookie-cutter products! Choose your language, layout, and features. Integrate the system with your own website or database.
These core solutions are modular; the company’s Ramallah-based software team customizes and white-labels these applications for enterprise customers—and can also build on-demand enterprise platforms from scratch. Consulting services include:
- User-centered design advising at customer deployment sites
- Strategic advising on optimal tech stack selection
- On-demand software development and customization to meet specific customer use cases
- Staff augmentation for customers’ own software development teams
- On-site/remote training of customer personnel on solution management
- After-sales support for roll-out, hosting, and maintenance.
Key competitive advantages include:
- 50+ years of combined management experience deploying rugged enterprise solutions for US firms in frontier markets across Africa, the Middle East, and Asia (incl. Nigeria, Pakistan, Iraq, Somalia).
- Distributed, Agile team based in US, Europe, and Ramallah enables 24-hour work cycles and rapid deployment.
- Direct mobile network and OTT partnerships: Launch-ready hotlines, APIs, and databases of mobile users.
- Fully bilingual English/Arabic-speaking design, delivery, and customer support staff.
The company's enterprise customer base includes MasterCard, Microsoft, $18bn global construction firm AECOM, and NASDAQ-listed engineering firm TetraTech. Souktel’s solutions have been deployed in 30+ emerging markets by 50+ leading multinational firms, reaching more than 0.5 million end users. Recent contracts include a 3-year agreement with AECOM to design and build water data management platforms across Afghanistan. Souktel’s unique work has been profiled by the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times, and its technology has been cited as a disruptive innovation by the World Economic Forum, the World Bank, and Accenture. Souktel has received venture financing from Sadara Ventures--whose investors include Google, Cisco, the Skoll Foundation, and the European Investment Bank--and from the Sharakat SMEs Investment Company, a subsidiary of the Palestine Investment Fund.